Sunday, February 15, 2015

DIY Paper Flowers

Another snow day in the northeast has kept me home bound again. So I figure what better to do than to craft!

If you've spent anytime on pinterest, which I suspect you have, you've seen these wonderful paper flowers.

Well, a few years ago I was asked to decorate for a wedding, the bride was in love with the idea of paper flowers.

So there I was tasked with making bouquets, boutiners, corsages, center pieces the whole nine yards. I didn't know the first thing about making paper flowers, and I've always been terrible at origami, but after reading a lot of different blogs, and a lot of trial and error, a whole wedding was decorated and beautiful!


Well my friends, if you're ever asked to decorate a wedding, or you just want to make yourself some pretty flowers that wont wilt and die on you here is a quick little how to for you!

Theses roses are by far the easiest to make.


Depending on the size you want, start by cutting out a round piece of paper, and then cutting a spiral from the outside in.



Starting rolling inward.




When it has been rolled all the way in, depending on how you want the flower to look, tight little bud or a larger bloom, you can release the spiral a bit.


Glue the bottom of the flower, and hold it all together tightly.


And there you have it!


This next one takes a little but more work. I generally make these between 4-6 petals large.



Here are the steps.

Fold the paper into a triangle.


Remove the excess paper, you are left with a small square folded into a triangle.


Fold each corner into the top.


Now take each corner and fold them open.


Take the tops and fold them down.


And then fold them in on themselves


Fold the paper in half end to end.


Glue them together. A hot glue gun works much better, however today I was working with regular white glue so I used these clips to keep them together while they dried.


After these are dried glue them to each other until you have a full flower.



The end result can be beautiful!






With a little bit of creativity you can make these into bouquets, boutiners, corsages, anything you need!


I hope these DIY's were helpful! 

Happy crafting everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment